Saturday, January 3, 2009

Going Green Tea

I had been drinking a lot of soda (coke, Pepsi, sprite, etc) for last few years. I was so used to drinking them that I didn't even consider their health benefits, which of course turn out to be none. Americans are such good business men. They can mass produce drinks from mixture of plain water and sugar and market it world-wide and make people crave for more by adding caffeine. How smart of them and how stupid of us, the consumers! I am going to say no to this and start going green tea from today. Why green tea? Because it actually has some health benefits besides quenching your thirst. Research has repeatedly shown that green tea has the following benefits (listed in order I like):
1. Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells.
2. Green tea reduces the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks.
3. Green tea increases metabolism and increase fat oxidation.
4. Drinking green tea regularly helps prevent tooth decay.
5. Green tea helps make your skin smooth.
There are many more benefits besides what is mentioned here. So try green tea. It is cheap and easily available. As for soda, I will rather pay for plain water than soda so that at least, I will have better teeth and no fear of diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment